Monday 4 January 2010

The Queen Honours...


It's a new year, a new decade, and I begin with a positive by congratulating Amanda Wakeley, Stephen Jones, Luella Bartley and Cath Kidston on being named in the Queen’s New Years honours list.

On January 1st her Majesty The Queen appointed Amanda Wakeley and Stephen Jones Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), and Luella Bartley and Cath Kidston Members of the Order of the British Empire.

Wakeley, whose signature label now enters its 20th year, was honoured with an OBE for her work as the founding co-Chair of charity Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. Wakeley said: ‘I am extremely humbled by this honour. It is also recognition for the talented and committed teams that I am fortunate to work with both in my own business and at Fashion Targets. It’s an incredible way to complete an extraordinary year.’

Milliner Stephen Jones who I bumped into during the last London Fashion Week was honoured for his services to the fashion industry with an OBE. He says ‘around the world, millinery is seen as a uniquely British art and I am proud to be part of that tradition” continuing, “I would to take this opportunity to pay tribute to my talented staff and faithful clients who, like me, believe that self-expression in fashion need not stop at your neck’.

On the other hand, Luella Bartley, despite losing the investors of the Luella label in November last year, starts 2010 on a high with a much deserved MBE. Homewares designer Cath Kidston also receives an MBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment