Tuesday 13 October 2009

Uniqlo Booms


To me, it is not surprising to hear that Japan’s Fast Retailing has forecasted a 10.5 percent rise in operating profit this financial year at its Uniqlo clothing chain (Forbes) as consumers are drawn to the great value and quality of its products.

If you haven't heard of global retailer Uniqlo, you should get out there and find them on the High Street. A brilliant Japanese brand offering a huge selection of casual garments in tons of colours - literally. You can't miss them. There is always something for everybody.

I must confess that i'm quite a fan of the Japanese-based brand, last popping into one of their stores during the weekend. I just couldn't resist whilst I was on Oxford Street. I purchased a pair of jeans at a reduced price at £14.99 down from £24.99, and even got them altered at no extra cost! Being as petite as I am, this was an option that I couldn't refuse. I could finally put on a pair of jeans that actually fit! I also brought a check flannel shirt, a must have this season. Uniqlo is different to any other High Street brand as they are constantly upping their game. Bringing something different to consumers.

If value isn't enough to draw in customers, Jil Saunder has recently launched her collection '+J' with Uniqlo for this Autumn/Winter 09 season. A basic range of clothing, from cardigans, shirts to coats ranging from £14.99 up to £99.99 - her collection I must say doesn't particularly stand out. There isn't that unique stamp that she has put on to her range, but I suppose it fits in with Uniqlo's current range.

So if you've never been to a Uniqlo store, I highly recommend you to do so. Ideal for Christmas presents and highly affordable, and if you are a student, benefit from a 15% off discount!






No comments:

Post a Comment